A Rat’s Quest: The Way Back Home is an action adventure video game developed by The Dreamerians and published by HandyGames.
Mat is a young male rat that lives among a rat commune in an abandoned wine cellar, together with his best friend Toby and other rodents. Having felt in love with Nat, a female house mouse kept as a pet in the upper floors, he decides to become a Scavenger, for sneaking to his beloved somehow officially. Being from different worlds, they plot a plan to escape to “the outside” together. His overconfidence however puts them in peril’s way, and not everything in the commune is as it seems.
In a series of unlucky events, Mat finds himself alone, far away from the house. He must make his way back home, overcoming a journey across woodlands, caves, and swamps, defying overwhelming danger of a winged, poisonous, and scale-bond variety. With a rivet for a sword and nails as throwing daggers, Mat will brave a world to which he is unwelcome.
Help the Scavenger to get back to his friends and save the rat commune from a threat that is bigger than every cheese in the world!
- Unique Perspective – Explore a world through the perspective of a small rat.
- Rat Mode – Climb, jump, crawl, slither, and sneak like a rodent.
- Hybrid Gameplay – Feel the narrowness in walls and under the floor by a switching side and top-down perspective.
- Tough as Nails – Fight and survive against natural threats and challenging boss encounters.
- Popcorn Movie – Enjoy a story full of adventure, drama, and comedy in over 200 cinematics with a full voice-over.
A Rat's Quest: The Way Back Home News
A Rat's Quest: The Way Back Home GalleriesView full gallery
July 18, 2019