- This event has passed.
The event will feature 89 titles from Japan and across the globe, including “a mix of award-winning, critically-acclaimed games alongside soon-to-be-discovered gems.”
Get the schedule below.
(All times are Japan Standard Time.)
Part 1 (YouTube)
- 10:00 to 10:30 – Opening Ceremony – An opening message from BitSummit organizer James Mielke and the vital opening act with Professor Sakamoto lift the curtains on BitSummit X-Roads.
- 10:35 to 11:05 – Introduction to asobu, a Community that Supports Games to Go Global, with ElecHead as a Case Study – An introduction to asobu, a community that supports games for global expansion, with the developer of ElecHead discussing their own experience as a case study. Featuring Anne Ferrero (asobu manager) and Nama Takahashi (ElecHead developer).
- 11:10 to 11:40 – Extra Credits Presentation
- 11:45 to 12:20 – Shuhei Yoshida’s Indie Games Introduction: LOST EPIC from One or EIGHT – Sony Interactive Entertainment Indies Initiative head Shuhei Yoshida introduces LOST EPIC from One or EIGHT. Featuring Shuhei Yoshida (Sony Interactive Entertainment Indies Initiative head), Hidekazu Suzuki (LOST EPIC producer), and Issei Komura (One or EIGHT president).
- 12:25 to 12:55 – Original Game Contest “Game BBQ Vol. 2” Details Announcement and Creators Panel Talk – Featuring CAMP Member Horikiri, Makoto Hayashi, Acrobatic Chirimenjako, and Hakaba Bunko.
Part 2 (YouTube)
- 13:10 to 13:35 – Pick Up! BitSummit Exhibition Games Introduction #1
- 13:50 to 14:20 – Cygames Presents: PLAYISM Creators Talk Session Part 1 – Cygames game creator Hiroki Matsuura (Little Noah: Scion of Paradise, Dragalia Lost, etc.) presents a talk stage focused on game creators that are currently in the spotlight that thoroughly dives into all things about their game. Featuring Hiroki Matsuura (Little Noah: Scion of Paradise creator) and Saebashi (TOKOYO: The Tower of Perpetuity developer).
- 14:50 to 15:15 – Pick Up! BitSummit Exhibition Games Introduction #2
- 15:20 to 15:45 – Pick Up! BitSummit Exhibition Games Introduction #3
- 15:50 to 16:15 – Pick Up! BitSummit Exhibition Games Introduction #4
- 16:20 to 16:50 – Tokyo and Quebec Cooperation Program: Game Creators Making a Place for Themselves Overseas – Featuring Akira Yamaguchi and Masahiko Murakami.
- 16:50 to 17:00 – Ending
Part 1 (YouTube)
- 10:00 to 10:25 – Opening – Opening act by Professor Sakamoto.
- 10:30 to 11:00 – RPG Time! The Legend of Wright – Featuring Tom Fujii (Deskworks director) and Fujikawa-Q (Weekly Famitsu editor).
- 11:10 to 11:45 – Shuhei Yoshida’s Indie Games Introduction: Goat Simulator 3 from Coffee Stain Studios – Sony Interactive Entertainment Indies Initiative head Shuhei Yoshida introduces Goat Simulator 3 from Coffee Stain North. Featuring Shuhei Yoshida (Sony Interactive Entertainment Indies Initiative head), Sebastian Eriksson (Coffee Stain Studios CEO), and Santiago Ferrero (Coffee Stain North creative director).
- 11:50 to 12:20 – Shueisha Games Pick-Up Titles Introduction – An introduction to upcoming titles from Shueisha Games. With producer Masami Yamamoto as the host, the development team of each title will be invited to the stage to share the latest information. Featured titles include Captain Velvet Meteor: The Jump+ Dimensions, The Tower: To the Bottom, and ONI: Road to be the Mightiest. Up to two people will be on stage for each title. Featuring Masami Yamamoto (Shueisha Games executive officer).
- 12:25 to 13:55 – Special Interview with Raw Fury‘s Gordon Van Dyke by Layer-Q – Gordon Van Dyke talks about the development of the Kingdom series and more. Featuring Gordon Van Dyke (Raw Fury co-founder) and LayerQ (content creator).
Part 2 (YouTube)
- 13:05 to 14:15 – Family Battle: Tag Arena Weekly Shonen Magazine Back Cover Competition – Featuring wawon, Yoshiaki Nakamichi, and Mizuki Kuroda (host).
- 13:55 to 14:05 – Developer Interview: The 13th Month – Featuring Kobayashi Maru, Kazunari Suzuki, Aogachou, Yuki Katayama, and Mizuki Kuroda (host).
- 14:05 to 14:15 – Developer Interview: BOKURA – Featuring Tokoronyori (BOKURA developer), Takasuke Suzuki, and Mizuki Kuroda (host).
- 14:25 to 15:05 – Cygames Presents: PLAYISM Creators Talk Session Part 2 – Cygames game creator Hiroki Matsuura (Little Noah: Scion of Paradise, Dragalia Lost, etc.) presents a talk stage focused on game creators that are currently in the spotlight that thoroughly dives into all things about their game. Featuring Hiroki Matsuura (Little Noah: Scion of Paradise creator) and Makoto Takahama (Samurai Bringer developer).
- 15:10 to 15:40 – Hightension Go! Exclusive Gunbrella Gameplay Reveal with HighGai – Featuring HighGai (content creator).
- 15:45 to 16:55 – Awards Ceremony
- 16:55 to 17:00 – Ending
Find the full list of exhibiting games here.
- iGi Indie Game Incubator
- Inti Creates
- Marvelous / XSEED Games
- Microsoft ([email protected]Xbox)
- Superdeluxe Games
- CoroCoro Comic
- Koch Media
- Osaka Electro-Communication University
- Play Every Ware
- Shueisha Game Creators Camp
- AIQVE ONE
- Brace Yourself Games
- Curve Games
- DANGEN Entertainment
- Degica Games
- Gamera Games
- Gravity Game Arise
- GYAAR Studio
- Hexa Drive
- Kyoto Computer Gakuin
- Metal Head Games
- Rocket Panda Games
- Ullucus Heaven
- Witch Beam
- Auryn Corporation
- Chuhai Labs
- fangamer Japan
- Hotel Anteroom Kyoto
- Ritsumeikan Center for Game Studies
- The MIX
- Busan Indie Connect Festival
- Game Market
- make. ctrl. Japan 3
- Reboot Develop RED Banff 2022
- Reboot Develop BLUE Dubrovnik 2022
- Taipei Game Show
- Weplay Expo
- Dengeki Online
- Gadget Tsuushin
- IGN Japan
- Black Sheep
- Kyoto Prefecture
- Pygmy Studio
- Skeleton Crew
- Kyoto Cross Media Experience 2021