Eastward downloadable expansion “Octopia” will launch for Switch and PC via Steam on January 31, 2024, publisher Chucklefish and developer Pixpil announced. Chucklefish told Gematsu it did not have any news to share regarding the downloadable content’s availability for the Xbox One version of Eastward.
Here is an overview of the downloadable content, via Chucklefish:
Set in a parallel world to Eastward without the dangers of miasma, Eastward: Octopia will see players joining the good life alongside Sam and John, repairing and revitalizing an old neglected farmland in this expansive farm-sim downloadable content.
Players will grow crops, tend to livestock, and unleash their culinary creativity using freshly farmed produce to whip up scrumptious new meals, which are then stored in John’s Big Cookbook. There are fishing holes to visit, ghosts to chat to, and a colorful cast of Eastward characters to impress with John’s new recipes.
As the farm grows, so does the nearby town, with players able to transform an abandoned fairground into a thriving community, constructing homes and shops, and welcoming in familiar NPCs as new neighbors.
- Help Sam and John lead a peaceful new life in the countryside – no miasma, no hardships, just happy times in a parallel universe
- Revitalise a neglected farmstead; grow crops, rear animals, forage in the wetlands, talk to ghosts, and spend your nights casting your line in the local fishing holes
- Construct and upgrade stores and homes to restore Seagull Town into a thriving community
- As the town begins to flourish, more familiar faces will flock to the area – some may even stay for good!
- Using farm-fresh ingredients and John’s Cookbook, create recipes and whip up delicious culinary delights to share with your neighbours
- 15-20 hours of pixel perfect gameplay
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese
Once purchased, Eastward: Octopia is accessible from Eastward’s start menu, so players can begin their farming adventure straight away, regardless of their progress in the base game.
Watch a new trailer below.