PLAYISM will release toii-developed adventure game Urban Legend Hunters 2: Double for PC via Steam, iOS, and Android in spring 2024 worldwide, the publisher announced. It will support English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese language options. The iOS and Android versions will cost $5.99. The PC version has yet to be priced.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Urban Legend Hunters 2: Double is an immersive adventure game where you investigate urban legends in a modern city.
“Have you heard of the urban legend called the double?”
If you meet someone that looks exactly like you, one of you will be entirely replaced by the other. Your “double” will inherit all of your memories and live your life without anyone else noticing… But the world is so wide—how do you know that you’re not actually someone else’s double? Are you really… you?
A few years after the events in the first Urban Legend Hunters, the disappearance of a popular internet show host and influencer Chris became a hot topic on the internet. You, an outsider clueless about the incident, meet Rain, Shou, and Tangtang, who claim to be members of Chris’ channel, on a messaging app. They suspect that Chris’ disappearance has to do with the urban legend of the “double”, as well as the Urban Legend Hunters community. They ask you to join in their search for Chris, and the more you investigate and the more clues you gather, the closer you get to seeing the full picture of what really happened…
- Cutscenes with real actors paired with virtual landscapes combine the real and unreal to transport you to a mysterious and unsettling alternate dimension.
- Text messages and voice calls that create an immersive game experience.
- Unique exploration mechanics that make you feel you’re really there in the alternate dimensions.
- A rich story filled with suspense and intrigue.
- A wide variety of puzzles waiting to be solved.
- Builds on the series tradition of Urban Legend Hunters and expands on the “modern culture-bound syndrome” phenomenon.
Watch the global announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.