Here is an overview of the game, via Raw Fury:
Experience a beautifully crafted and quintessentially Nordic game—brought to life with stories, emotions, and a melancholic atmosphere—set in the vivid and beloved world of Moomin, created by renowned Finnish author Tove Jansson. The game and the demo offer a wholesome experience for every age that combines open-world mechanics with puzzles, stealth, and melodic elements!
Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley is a story-rich musical adventure game about Snufkin restoring the valley and helping the quirky and memorable characters and critters who call it home. A series of hideous parks have appeared in Moominvalley, disrupting the landscape and its harmonious nature. As Snufkin, you will distract police officers, pull out signs, and knock over misplaced statues as you restore nature and the inhabitants’ homes while putting an end to the industrious Park Keeper’s plans…
- Set out on a cozy, story-rich adventure game in a gorgeous storybook art style.
- Get the strict Park Keeper and his horrible parks out of Moominvalley with the help of your trusty harmonica, a bit of stealth, and the friends you’ll meet along the way.
- Meet over 50 charming characters and creatures who call Moominvalley their home.
- Experience narrative gameplay and a myriad of charming stories and quests involving the beloved characters inspired by Tove Jansson’s work.
- Explore Moominvalley’s open world and solve musical and environmental puzzles along the way to uncover the happenings in the valley.
- Immerse yourself in the beautiful soundscape of music and melodies composed in collaboration with Sigur Ros.
Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley is due out for unspecified consoles and PC via Steam in Q1 2024.