Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Undead West is a western themed roguelite bullet hell where the player uses an array of weapons, whiskey infusions and buffs gained from defeating bosses to complete each stage.
The cowboy you play has been killed in a revolver duel against the Man in Red. Death agrees to resurrect you so that you may carry out your quest for revenge. But there is a catch. Death requests that you pay back your revival debt in souls. Every adversary killed on the road to vengeance grants you a soul that can be used to unlock various new guns to use, as well as whiskey—a mixture used during combat for short boost.
Viewing the action from top down perspective, navigate the hazard filled areas swarming with demons, skeletons and swarms upon swarms of bullets to reach each of the ominous bosses culminating in a fight against the Man in Red.
Shoot your way through enemies, dodge through numerous traps, unlock new guns and whiskey boons as well as colorful outfits in this western noir tinged shooter.
- Wide array of weapons including various types of revolvers, shotguns, rifles or even bow and minigun!
- Seven western themed stages with randomized rooms and enemy spawns.
- Unique enemies and bosses to defeat on each stage.
- Whiskey infusions, special buffs and boon rewards.
- Unlockable outfits for your character!
- Noir tinged pixel art visuals.
Watch the announcement trailer below.