Publisher Deep Silver and developer Starbreeze Studios have released a new trailer and screenshots for PAYDAY 3 introducing heisters Pearl and Joy, as well as announced the game’s post-launch content roadmap.
Get the details below.
Pearl and Joy
Pearl and Joy will join the original gang of clown-masked criminals (Dallas, Hoxton, Wolf, and Chains) for a total of six heisters available when PAYDAY 3 launches this month.
- Pearl is an expert con artist and infiltrator who is as comfortable running scams on the street as she is rubbing elbows with the rich and famous. She leaves nothing to chance, and it’s a rare occasion when things don’t go her way. Make no mistake though, she plans for every contingency, even the rare occasions where she has to pull out her own weapons.
- Joy is a genius hacker and security expert who is now an official part of the crew. As a merciless heister, Joy is a dangerous combination of strength and subterfuge. With no respect for the law and a twisted sense of humor, Joy is a wildcard character who ends up being an ace during any heist.
Post-Launch Content Plan
Starbreeze is excited to share the content and updates players can look forward to for Year One post-launch content. The high-level post-launch plan includes the following updates:
- Downloadable Content #1: Syntax Error (winter 2023)
- Downloadable Content #2: Boys in Blue (spring 2024)
- Downloadable Content #3: The Land of the Free (summer 2024)
- Downloadable Content #4: Fear and Greed (fall 2024)
The names and dates of these downloadable content packs are subject to change.
Examples of additional content players can look forward to after the game launches this month are as follows: seasonal events, new playable characters, new enemies, new weapons, Unreal Engine 5 upgrades, cosmetics, quality-of-life improvements, new features, and much more.
Watch the new trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.