The trailer description reads, “At times, a project can escalate far beyond the initial expectations. Such is the case in the latest Wreckreation trailer, where a group of friends embarked on building a racing track, and things spiraled into something grander than they imagined. What they’ve crafted is a colossal, fantastical, and wonderfully eccentric track, showcasing in Wreckreation that the sole boundary is the reach of your imagination!”
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Wreckreation is the home of your very own MixWorld, a 400 square kilometers big racing realm that is yours to create, shape—and wreck. Developed by Three Fields Entertainment, a team consisting of Burnout and Need for Speed series creators, Wreckreation was designed to be the ultimate open-world sandbox experience for driving and racing fans alike. A complete world of your own design or designed together with your friends online. In Wreckreation you can continually strive to outrace, out-stunt or even out-crash yourself and the rest of the world on courses and tracks designed by you or your friends. But yours will probably be better anyway.
- Set records seven different ways on every road you drive: Drift. Air, Near Miss, Stunt, Crash and the more traditional Time.
- Vacant Lots – Empty areas you’ll discover throughout your Kingdom. An opportunity to build structures that inform game design and experience beyond the structure’s footprint.
- Huge game world, the MixWorld, that you design from free camera view. Place jumps, loops, obstacles, construct tracks on and off-road, and much more.
- Pimp My Ride – Paint colors, finishes, wheels, boost flames, engine sounds, glass colors—you name it, you can customize it. All available from the beginning!
- Wreckreation offers its own, old-school FM Radio dial featuring 16 channels as well as the option to stream your favorite.
- Premium Spotify playlist. You have the power to control gameplay! Create events and set the rules.
Watch the trailer below.