The MIX Games and Wallride have announced Rugrats: Adventures in Gameland for consoles and PC. Specific consoles were not announced. It will launch in 2024. A physical edition is also planned for release via Limited Run Games.
Users attending PAX West 2023 from September 1 to 4 at Seattle Convention Center will be able to play a demo of Rugrats: Adventures in Gameland at the Limited Run Games booth.
Here is an overview of the game, via The MIX Games:
A baby-fresh take on retro-inspired gameplay—featuring a unique cooperative design, where kids and parents need to stick together to win!
A baby’s gotta do what a baby’s gotta do!
Everyone’s favorite babies are back in action! When Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, and Lil see a commercial for the new Reptar video game, they pretend that they’re in a video game of their own! Through the power of imagination, the babies transform Tommy’s house into a video game world full of action, excitement, and adventure!
- Puzzle-platforming combining beloved gameplay from the NES era with modern game design.
- Multiple levels with unique themes, secrets, and boss encounters from the Rugrats world.
- Hop, bop, explore and swap babies, with each having their own unique abilities and mechanics.
- Cameos of beloved characters from the TV show spread throughout the game.
- High-definition version features hand drawn animations to match the cartoon’s style.
- Players can toggle between 8-bit and high-definition art.
- Two-player cooperative play.
Watch the announcement trailer below. Visit the official website here.