Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Appeal Studios have released a new trailer and screenshots for Outcast: A New Beginning, formerly Outcast 2: A New Beginning, as part of THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2023.
The single-player third-person action adventure game is currently in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC. Its average playtime is currently estimated to be around 35 hours. A release date has yet to be announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via THQ Nordic:
Welcome to the spectacular alien world of Adelpha! Cutter Slade, a dry-witted ex-Navy SEAL, is resurrected by the almighty Yods and sent to this beautiful yet dangerous planet. He discovers that the local inhabitants, known as the Talans, have been enslaved, and the world has been stripped of its natural resources. Cutter Slade even finds his own past intertwined with the invading robot forces. Now, it’s up to him to save the planet once again!
- A third-person action adventure game.
- Modular guns (over 30 upgradeable modules), shield, and mighty Talan powers.
- Jetpack for traversal (jump, glide, sprint) and combat skills (evade, ground, pound).
- Explore the world at your own pace and think strategically when intercepting enemy convoys or taking out their bases.
- The whole world is connected – help to rebuild the Talan villages, and foster nature and local economy to increase your Talan powers.
- Art style inspired by ’80s / ’90s movies and comics!
- Easy to pick up and play—start adventuring right away.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.