Crunchyroll Games will release free-to-play multiplayer action game One Punch Man: World in 2023 in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, and the Nordics, the company announced. Developed by Perfect World Games subsidiary T3 Studio, it will be available for PC, iOS, and Android. Pre-registration is available now via the official website.
“The most ambitious Crunchyroll Games title to date, One Punch Man: World is an immersive online action game that transports players into the universe of One-Punch Man,” said Crunchyroll Games general manager and Crunchyroll senior vice president of emerging businesses Terry Li in a press release. “The game, developed by Perfect World, brings iconic characters and abilities to life with premiere production values that we are excited to unleash on anime fans and gamers.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Crunchyroll Games:
Jump into a world-class multiplayer action game based on the global anime hit One-Punch Man with cross-platform play and progression.
Heroes are needed in One Punch Man: World! A sinister wave of monster attacks has left Earth’s cities and the Hero Association under duress. However, after three years of special training, Saitama has become so powerful that he can defeat opponents with a single punch. The thing is, Saitama just does the hero thing for fun, but when every enemy goes down in one punch, overwhelming power can be kind of… boring. Now, in front of the laid-back strongest hero, a new enemy appears. Will he be able to show his full power today?
- Unlock and level up fan-favorite heroes from the One-Punch Man anime series, including Genos, and more.
- Enter the Hero Association hub to meet friends, take on missions, and team up for raids against destructive foes with other players.
- Dive into intricate combat and execute perfectly timed dodges, skill combos, and spectacular ultimates, including all-new abilities for beloved characters.
- Fight your way through iconic moments from the One-Punch Man’s first season punch for punch.
- Discover expanded moments from the anime or experience scenarios from an all-new point of view.
- Explore Z-City and participate in side activities and mini-games, while climbing your way to the top of the in-game rankings.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.