SEGA has announced virtual reality rhythm action game Samba de Amigo for Quest 2 and Quest Pro. It shares much of the same core content as Samba de Amigo: Party Central, including the song list. It will launch this fall for $29.99.
Users who pre-order the game via Oculus Store will receive a virtual replica Quest 2 headset and virtual replica Quest controllers that replace the player’s maracas as in-game accessories.
Here is an overview of the game, via SEGA:
Get ready to shake your maracas when Samba de Amigo comes to virtual reality this fall. Colorful and cute, SEGA’s original Samba de Amigo music rhythm game became a phenomenon when it hit arcades in 1999—and became one of the best reasons to own a SEGA Dreamcast a year later. Now, more than two decades later, an all-new entry in the Samba de Amigo series feels like a natural fit for virtual reality. Dance along to hit songs from the world’s top genres with your monkey-friend Amigo, strike a pose or two, and make your day a little brighter.
- Get up and shake it center stage in this vibrant and colorful rhythm action game with smooth controls that make the game fun for everyone.
- Groove to 40 hit songs from the world’s most popular genres, with more arriving as post-launch downloadable content!
- Test your technique in a variety of difficulty modes and challenges.
- Strut that style by customizing your character with unique costumes and accessories.
- Hit the dance floor with up to seven other players online in World Party mode.
- Show the world what you’ve got by competing on the online leaderboards.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.