Publisher WayForward and developer 13AM Games have announced the “Arcade + Character DLC Pack” for cooperative kaiju beat ’em up game Dawn of the Monsters. It adds the new Arcade Mode, new playable character Meteor Temujin, and more. A release date was not announced.
Here is an overview of the downloadable content, via its Steam page:
The kaiju conflict continues with the “Arcade + Character DLC Pack”! This add-on content for Dawn of the Monsters lets you fight the Nephilim hordes in a whole new way with the remixed action of Arcade Mode; this pick-up-and-play mode features a new power-up system (with “classic” and “rogue” options), revamped scoring, unlockable Nightmare difficulty, and new ending illustrations.
Also included in this downloadable content is new playable character Meteor Temujin! Chosen by fan vote, this combining mecha wields three devastating weapons—a sword, an axe, and a hammer—to obliterate enemies in any game mode! Additionally, this expansion delivers 50 new character skins, extra gallery entries, three new archive files, and new challenges, and achievements. The titanic battle rages on!
- Arcade Mode
- New power-up system with two options: classic (choose from a predetermined set) or rogue (randomly generated)
- Revamped scoring
- Countdown timer
- Normal and Nightmare difficulties
- Five unlockable ending illustrations
- New playable character Meteor Temujin
- 50 new character skins (18 for Meteor Temujin, 8 each for Megadon, Ganira, Aegis Prime, and Tempest Galahad)
- New gallery items
- Three new archive files
- New challenges and achievements
*The full Dawn of the Monsters game (available separately) is required to use this content.
Watch a new trailer below.