Side-scrolling action adventure game Nocturnal will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on June 7, publisher Dear Villagers and developer Sunnyside Games announced. It will cost $19.99 on consoles and $16.99 on PC.
“Reception to Nocturnal from Steam Next Fest and PAX East was super positive, so we’re thrilled that people can finally play the full game,” said Sunnyside Games co-founder Gabriel Sonderegger in a press release. “We wanted Nocturnal to effortlessly flow between fast, frenetic action and hair-raising tension, with your constantly depleting host of light sources. It’s a thrilling balancing act that we think platforming fans will really get a kick out of.”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
After a difficult journey across a troubled sea, Ardeshir, soldier of the Enduring Flame, returns to his home island of Nahran. A peculiar Mist is covering the entire island and the only way for Ardeshir to progress through is to wield fire as a repellant and carve his way into the island. But the Mist can also uncover great locations and lend powerful abilities to the ones who are willing to explore its mysteries.
- Fight for Your Home Island of Nahran – Ancient soldier you will have to find out what happens to your brothers to free your island from the dark Mist. Combat challenging and varied enemies that block your way to your goal: to free the island from the Darkness.
- A Deadly Mist – A mysterious fog covers the island and chases you on sight. Make your way into it to discover its source and make an end to this. But be forewarned: one cannot breathe in the Mist, so you’ll have to use your wits as you intuit new ways to keep it at bay.
- Awaken the Guardian of the Enduring Flame that Sleeps in You – As the Mist is your enemy, Fire will be your ally in your journey. Flame can ward off the Mist, ignite the scenery, turn on machinery, and be used to burn beings of dark magic impervious to conventional weaponry.
- Explore the Island and its Secret Places – The Mist covers a vast expanse and hides powerful abilities for those willing to explore its mysteries. Gain ashes by killing enemies and exploring your environment and make an offering to the Phoenix statues to give you new abilities and stat boosts you need to survive.
- Speed-Run Mode – Speed run options are available. You can select those to improve your speed-run time.
Watch a new trailer below.