World Championship Boxing Manager II will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on May 17, publisher Ziggurat Interactive and developer Mega Cat Studios announced.
World Championship Boxing Manager II first launched for PC via Steam and GOG on January 17.
Here is an overview of the game, via Ziggurat Interactive:
A one-two punch of business tycoon and sports simulation gaming, World Championship Boxing Manager II tests the talents of players to create a boxing legacy. Enlist the greatest coaches, assemble a team of skilled fighters, and guide your team to the pinnacle!
Brought to life with hand-drawn 32-bit visuals, World Championship Boxing Manager II is the official sequel to its 1991 predecessor. Players will enlist promising amateur competitive fighters and train them from the ground up on their path to the world championship. They’ll manage their training schedules — including fitness training — to create the best balance for their roster. To keep them on the path to glory, they’ll also need to hire the best staff, gain supporters at all levels, and promote their fighters. The game features former pro boxers Rocky Marciano™, Sugar Ray Robinson, and Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox as boxers within the game, along with a roster of fantastic fictional fighters, coaches, and training staff. A well-managed team will rise to the top, but one misstep will lead to a TKO!
- Keep Those Hands Up – An awesome stable of sluggers and staff, including iconic licensed characters, Sue “Tiger Lily” Fox, Rocky Marciano, and Sugar Ray Robinson!
- Honoring Boxing History – Experience the everyday struggles of the boxing world with eight story mode scenarios available to play
- Bit by Bit – 32-bit visuals with modern features, including dynamic lighting and a fight cam to watch your fighter duke it out in real-time
- Skill Check – A stylish new skill system lets players build the pugilist of their dreams in a streamlined experience. Be it a hard-hitting ring king, a one-punch wonder, or a super stamina warrior of the knock-down-drag-out fight; it’s up to the player to create a training path to victory.
- You’re Hired! – A complete hiring system lets players ensure they have the best training team (and business managers) for their fighters — even if some of that staff might be a little unorthodox!
- Twitch But Make it Integrated – Twitch integration allows streamers and their viewers to take part in the boxing experience together with viewer-triggered random in-game events that can help or hinder the player.
- Kids Got A Lotta Heart – Jam-packed with the humor, heart, and personality that made the original game so popular!