Ubisoft has released the cinematic intro and a developer intro video for Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland, its upcoming free-to-play survival action shooter set in the Middle America town Silver Creek.
Here is an overview of the game, via the website:
Tom Clancy’s The Division Heartland is a free-to-play, player-versus-environment-versus-player focused, survival-action shooter set in the mysterious rural town of Silver Creek. Explore and complete missions by day. Take on the dynamically moving contamination, enemy factions, and player squads by night.
- Save America’s Heartland – What’s happening in Silver Creek? Uncover the mystery before a new breed of poison spreads everywhere. Follow the expanding story to discover why this once peaceful town has become the center of a violent conflict between a group of dangerous rogue Division agents and an aggressive band of nomadic survivors. But the AI factions and other player squads aren’t the only danger…
- Explore By Day, Survive the Night – In a single play session, experience both the challenge and exploration of daytime and the thrill and intensity of nightfall. During the day explore and complete critical objectives, scavenge for materials and supplies, and face off against dangerous enemies. When day turns to night the stakes heighten and new enemies appear. Avoid the increasingly volatile contamination, fight your way through rogue NPCs, and take on newly hostile players.
- Extract or Die – Risk your arsenal and supplies every time you venture out into Silver Creek. Keep moving to survive enemy conflict, dehydration and the lethal contamination that’s overtaken the town. Tackle a variety of goals while building up your armory at your Base of Operations (BOO). Each successful operation allows you to complete more missions, and unlock unique abilities, new map areas, and crucial functions at your base. Die before you extract… and come back empty-handed.
- Squad Up with Cross-Play and Cross-Progression – Venture into Silver Creek alone or with your squad with cross-play and cross-progression, on all platforms, forming powerful team tactics. Customize your agents’ skills, outfits, and go bag. Unlock story elements and level up through multiple upgrade paths. Over time, Heartland will expand to introduce new gameplay, agents, stories, challenges, and areas of the map to explore.
- Survive the Dynamic Contamination – The virus moves differently here, unpredictably, almost with a mind of its own. Though extremely dangerous, you can use the contamination to your advantage. Risk vital seconds inside the cloud for the chance to grab precious loot gear and items left behind by other players. Just make sure you have ample filters to survive. If the virus sickness sets in, return to base before it kills you.
Watch the trailers below.