Free-to-play racing game Tray Racers! will launch for Switch via Nintendo eShop and PC via Steam on April 13, developer Bit Loom announced.
Due out alongside the free-to-play base game, a cosmetics-only “Supporter’s Pack” will also be available at launch for $5.99 / £4.99 / €5.89. The “Supporter’s Pack” will be updated with new cosmetic options post-launch.
Here is an overview of the game, via Bit Loom Games:
The world ended… but the fun didn’t!
From the creators of PHOGS!, Tray Racers! is a free-to-play racing game set in a vibrant post-apocalyptic world. Armed with nothing but your trusty tray, you play as a ragtag kid speedster – race solo or with up to 16 players through a wacky playground of randomly-generated sand dunes, cute critters, bouncy cactus forests and more!
Surf the sizzling sands. Dazzle your pals with tray tricks. Hitch a ride on a giant worm. And outspeed your friends to become…the ultimate Tray Racer!
For gamers of all ages!
- Hold onto your butts! It’s time to race…
- Surf the dunes on your very own tray.
- Race solo or in online multiplayer (with up to 16 players).
- Embrace your inner daredevil with *bonus speed* for near misses.
- Goof off with silly emotes.
- Pull off cool tray tricks and combos.
- Perfect for parties with pals.
- Discover a dazzling desert-world.
- When the world ended, the people of Tray Racers! found a better, more sustainable way to live. Together, and in better harmony with nature.
- Every race takes place on a unique, randomly-generated track—with weird and wonderful vistas, hazards, creatures, and surprises from a mix of bizarre and beautiful post-apocalyptic biomes. Featuring:
- Bouncy cactus forests.
- Wacky wastelands.
- Cute bugs and other critters.
- Mysterious buried cities (oooOOOooooh!).
- Sustainable solarpunk settlements.
- Herds of GIANT Camellos.
- And more!
- Race in style! Give your racer a makeover with…
- Sick threads.
- Gnarly hairstyles.
- Custom tray paint-jobs.
- And more.
- Get cute and cozy at the Camp!
- Hang out with friends between races at the chilled-out Camp lobby.
- Host a jam sesh with the Camp’s musical instruments.
- Ponder your place in the universe under a starry night’s sky.
- Pet *everything* with a dedicated ‘pet-the-thing’ button. (There’s a friendly creature in the Camp called Scrump and we love him…)
- Wholesome vibes
- Made with by an indie team.
- A positive take on the apocalypse that celebrates all things eco, kindness, and community.
- No way to hinder other players while racing (winning isn’t everything!).
- Characters that make you go awwwwwwww.
Watch a new trailer below.