The Early Access version will feature “almost all key features of the game,” including over 50 unlockables (weapons, abilities, talents, and suit upgrades) with “scores of randomized affixes,” as well as damage types, status effects, and buffs, and three boss cores to collect from the game’s Overlord, each of which offers a unique playstyle and numerous perks to acquire. There will also be more than 12 enemies types, three of the four planned bosses, and three of the five planned biomes. The full release will feature new biomes, weapons, upgrades, and enemies, including the game’s final boss, fourth and fifth biomes, and more.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Reactivated for a final mission, you play as Ada, who must rise to reclaim the future of New Elysium from cunning and sometimes obnoxious Overlords and their swarms of corrupt robots. Wielding an arsenal of futuristic weapons, abilities, and stolen Overlord powers, you will shoot, smash and obliterate your way through their trap-ridden towers.
Taking down these ruthless Overlords will prove to be no easy task—as you face them, they will adapt and evolve, changing the challenges of their towers and putting your skills to the test. Learn to turn their powers against them, discovering and honing powerful upgrades like the Railgun Punch and Airblade Attack to bring down the hordes of enemies that overrun the city.
- Fight Laser with Laser
- Gun down hordes of cunning enemy machines with relentless risk-taking, and bot-busting close-range warfare in which every kill fuels your combat capabilities.
- Learn to adapt to the Overlords’ dangerous attacks and retaliations that are thrown at you every step of the way.
- Combat is Only Half the Battle
- Use Shaper Hacks to manipulate rewards, counter the Overlord challenges and deploy your own traps, power-ups and effects in their towers.
- Explore vibrant towers that promise hidden Upgrades and Weapons to strengthen your build from run-to-run.
- As your Powers grow and change, be careful—with every defeated Overlord, your path becomes more difficult.
- Build Your “Core” System
- Unlock new Weapons, Abilities and Talents to permanently increase your survivability and combat potential with every run.
- Obtain the Cores of fallen Overlords to transform your combat abilities and appearance, offering new combat playstyles.
- Stack up on Core Enhancers to augment your equipped core capacities and unleash their full potential.
- Fearless Shredding
- Defy the Overlords to the sound of blazing, adrenaline-pumping rock music that will have you dive head-on and fist-first into the action.