Metroidvania game Candle Knight launches May 31 for PC, later for consolesFight back against the darkness with fire.
Candle Knight will launch for PC via Steam on May 31 for $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99, developer Dracma Studios announced. A console release will follow at a later date.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Wield your flame to overcome menacing creatures lurking in the shadows of a ruined castle, use the dynamic difficulty system to your advantage, traverse challenging platforming sections and solve cryptic puzzles inside surreal paintings in this 2.5D action adventure platformer.
- Fight Back Against the Darkness with Fire – Face mysterious foes in battle with a powerful flame that shines bright in even the darkest corners of the castle. Ignite the warrior inside and burn your light even brighter to learn new abilities that not only harden you in battle, but which also unlock new unseen areas to explore.
- A Dynamic In-Game Difficulty System – Use the ignis adaptable difficulty system to your advantage to move quicker and deal increased damage to your foes. However, beware, as your adversaries will also scale alongside you, becoming tougher to take down. Will you take the risk and power up your knight?
- Solve Mysteries Inside Surreal Paintings – Enter mysterious paintings that lead to a surreal, unexplored world of wonders. Discover the secrets that lie inside their canvases, and adapt as the world inside the painting shifts around you.
- 2.5D Platforming Action – Challenging platforming sections filled with traps and enemies will put your skills to the test. Traverse through the enchanted libraries, the breathtaking balconies and the perilous armory of the castle in order to reach your journey’s end.
- Stunning Visuals and Characters – Explore breathtaking vistas across a diverse set of environments brimming with characters to meet, and stories to discover. Each character will further your understanding of this surreal world, and help you discover your place within it.
- Bring Back the Light – Play as an enchanted candle holder trying to restore the light to its home, Do you have what it takes to journey deep into the heart of an abandoned castle?
Does your flame represent hope, or will it bri
Watch an old trailer below.