Chinese developer Youyan has announced The Legend of Contraria, a high-definition pixel art action RPG. It will launch for PC via Steam in Q1 2024 with English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese language support.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The Legend of Contraria is an action RPG featuring exquisite high-definition pixels. It combines the classic JRPG adventure story with the 2.5D combat experience. We created a magnificent Middle-Earth world, for players to explore and adventure, recruit teammates, collect and develop business, challenge enemies, reveal the secrets of the world, guide the future, and forge their own legends.
- A magnificent fantasy world for players to explore and develop, and other interesting experiences.
- Exquisite HD pixel style and ingenuity hand-painted, experience picturesque play art style.
- From remote villages to magnificent castles, and desolate deserts to silver ice sheets, enjoy the vast and distinctive landscapes.
- In a chaotic world, interact with all forces and write your own epic chapter.
- Smooth action strategy combat with rich skill modules, and you can instantly switch teammates at any time. Challenging the World Boss, the ultimate path will always be left to the Warriors.
- More than eight kinds of unique weapon modules, which will continue to be enriched via follow-up development.
- A free kit system of weapons and skills. Be a mage wielding a giant sword, or a hunter who tanks the enemy—interesting and powerful.
- Rescue and recruit teammates. Build them up with unique equipment and skills for your exclusive forces.
- In addition to adventure, there are taverns, forging, trade, and other activities as travel seasoning.
- On the basis of the world outlook, we add some linked characters makes the game journey more interesting and full of surprises.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.