Wolcen Studio will release action RPG Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on March 15, the developer announced.
The console versions will ship alongside the “Endgame” update, which will include the fourth and final act of the game’s story.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem first launched in Early Access for PC via Steam on March 24, 2016, followed by a full release on February 13, 2020. It has since been updated with new features, Acts, and more. It is also available via Epic Games Store.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
You are one of the three survivors of the slaughter of Castagath. Rescued by Grand Inquisitor Heimlock, you were drafted into the Republic’s Army of the Purifiers at a very young age to be trained in the military academy and become perfect soldiers against the supernatural. You also had the chance to benefit from Heimlock’s occasional advice and training, which led you and your childhood friends, Valeria and Edric, to be called the “Children of Heimlock.”
Recently, the Brotherhood of Dawn has infiltrated the Crimson Keep, a mysterious republican fortress lost among the northern deserts known as the Red wastes. While the purpose of the attack was unclear, the republican Senate voted a retaliation act against all known locations of the Brotherhood.
Led by Grand Inquisitor Heimlock himself, troops are soon deployed on the Coast of wrecks, near the city state of Stormfall, to terminate a camp of Brothers. You are, with your two childhood friends, part of operation Dawnbane, under the supervision of Justicar Maëlys.
- Free Character Development – Wield a great variety of weapons and find your own playstyle thanks to their unique stances and combos. In Wolcen, there is no class, only your weapons set the rules for your skills types.
- Three Types of Resources – Rage and Willpower interact with each other, using the Resource Opposition System. Stamina allows you to use a dodge-roll to avoid danger or travel faster.
- Item Diversity – Gear up according to your offensive and defensive choices with common, magical, rare, and legendary items. Break the rules and unlock new possibilities with Unique items and rare affixes.
- Rotative Passive Skill Tree – Make your own path throughout the 21 sub-class sections available in the Gate of Fates to customize your passives and make them fit to your play style.
- Skill Customization – Level up your skills with your character or alternative resources to gain modifier points and create your own unique combination of skill modifiers. Change your damage type, add new functionalities, grant buffs or debuffs, or change the skill’s mechanics completely. The options are limitless.
- Strategic Fights – Wolcen‘s creatures have complex patterns including deadly skills. Pay attention to various markers and to animation anticipation to avoid lethal attacks using your dodge roll ability.
- Aspects of Apocalypse – All characters can shapeshift into one of the 4 Celestial incarnations available, each of them offering 4 different skills, and one devastating ultimate.
- Endless Replayability – Improve your gear by looting or crafting, gather resources to unlock rare missions, face advanced challenges for special rewards, experiment new builds, and become the greatest achiever. Whether you like to play solo or with friends, there is always something to do.
- A Taste for Beauty – Using the CryEngine technology makes Wolcen an immersive and beautiful game with highly detailed armors and weapons. In addition, eight hours of epic orchestral music will accompany you during your journey.
- Unleash your Fashion Sense – Customize your appearance by switching the visuals of your armors and weapons. Loot more than 100 different dyes and tune up your armor to have your very own unique style. The asymmetric armor system will also allow you to change your appearance for left and right shoulder and glove.
- Difficulty Modes – Choose how you want to make the campaign with 2 different difficulty settings: the Story mode and the Normal mode. The endgame is shaped to allow a progressive increase in difficulty.
- Regular Updates and Seasonal Events – We’re committed to making Wolcen a long-term game with regular updates and additions, including features, Acts, gameplay content, and quality of life.
Watch a new trailer below.
Consoles Announce Trailer
Update 03/15/23: This story initially stated Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem would also be available for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, as per the press release from the developer. However, the game launched today without PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions. The developer has since confirmed to Gematsu that the game is only available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and runs at a better performance on the newer consoles.