“When we launched Ravenous Devils last April, we knew we had something strong, but we couldn’t have imagined the impact it would have on us as a small indie studio,” said Bad Vice Games co-founder Eleonora Vecchi. “Enter While We Wait Here! Making games is our passion, and with this announcement we want to go from strength to strength, aiming to release another that’ll make players squirm, shout and jump out of their seats!”
Here is an overview of the game, via Bad Vices Games:
While We Wait Here is a gripping psychological horror / restaurant management game with multiple endings.
Tackling themes of time, the Armageddon and the intricacies of human psychology, While We Wait Here promises to be as deep as it does captivating, as players must juggle between the mundanity of flipping burger patties and pouring soda to the frighteningly serious threat that lies outside the diner’s doors.
Combining restaurant management mechanics with the creeping fear of the unknown and the impending end of the world as we know it, you’ll meet characters from all over the country, discover their psyche, feel their fears and regrets, playing a decisive role in their, and your, eventual redemption or demise.
With a strong narrative, multiple choices and endings, and a fresh gameplay perspective, While We Wait Here will have you questioning every choice you’re about to make. Will you head for shelter at Mount K, encouraging your guests to do the same, or will your instincts keep you from making the trip, opting to ride out your fate while you wait here, where you’ve always waited?
- A psychological horror with multiple endings in which you try and solve your troubled customers’ varying dilemmas.
- Welcome customers in your diner and discuss the impending end of the world, help them make the right choice as you grill burgers, cook fries, flip pancakes, and wash the dishes.
- A meditative experience with no game over, where there is no right or wrong, and where each choice is yours alone.
- Dozens of unique first-person interactions.
- Faced with death, observe the range of human dynamics from behind a counter.
- Fully voiced-over characters.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.