As part of today’s Final Fantasy XVI global media tour coverage, Gematsu presents over 45 minutes of gameplay footage from the Final Fantasy XVI demo that press went hands-on with earlier this month.
The footage showcases Final Fantasy XV protagonist Clive Rosfield, his hound Torgal, and companion Cidolfus Telamon, the Dominant of Ramuh, infiltrate a Royal Waloeder Army keep in search of the Dominant of Fire, who is rumored to be held captive there. But he instead encounters Benedikta, the Dominant of Garuda, who sics her harpies Suparna and Chirada on Clive, before eventually facing Clive herself.
Also shown is one of the game’s Eikon versus Eikon battles, in which Clive transforms into the Eikon Ifrit and slams down against Garuda in a pro wrestling-style brawl.
Finally, the last clip showcases the game’s “Timely” support accessories, which make certain aspect of the games easier for players who are not good at action games. These are completely optional, and can be equipped or removed at any time. While the video only showcases the “Ring of Timely Focus” and “Ring of Timely Strikes” accessories, the full list is as follows:
- Ring of Timely Focus – Temporarily slows time before an incoming attack, allowing you more time to react.
- Ring of Timely Assistance – Removes the need for you give Torgal battle commands manually.
- Ring of Timely Strikes – Execute deadly combos by only pressing Square.
- Ring of Timely Evasion – Automatically dodge most incoming attacks.
- Ring of Timely Healing – Automatically use potions when HP drops below a certain threshold.
Final Fantasy XVI is due out for PlayStation 5 on June 22.
Watch the footage below.
Dungeon: Royal Waloeder Army Keep
Battle with Suparna and Chirada
Battle with Benedikta
Eikon Battle with Garuda
Timely Support Accessories
*Contents shown on the screen are from a special version made for media to experience, and contents may differ from the final version.