Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster announced for SwitchDue out this summer.
Publisher Nintendo and developer Monolith Soft have announced Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster for Switch. It will launch this summer worldwide.
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster includes remastered versions of Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Baten Kaitos Origins (titled Baten Kaitos II: Beginning of the Wings and the Heir of the Gods in Japan).
Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Players will have the opportunity to discover or rediscover the emotional journeys of the Baten Kaitos series, which features distinct card-based RPG systems that allow for split-second decisions that edges participants closer to victory. Players will take the role of a Guardian Spirit and guide each game’s protagonist and their companions through their journey.
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean tells the story of Kalas who, while seeking revenge for the death of his brother and grandfather, meets Xelha as both embark on a journey to defeat the Alfard Empire.
- Baten Kaitos Origins takes place 20 years before the events of the first game. The story involves Sagi, a spiriter that has a connection with Guardian Spirits who is part of the Dark Service, an elite unit of the Alfard Empire. Sagi sets on a journey to clear his name after being framed, and to unveil the empire’s secrets.
And here is a FAQ:
What is Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster?
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster is a remastered version of Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Baten Kaitos Origins, both of which were released on the Nintendo GameCube about 20 years ago.
Developed with the goal of delivering the story of Baten Kaitos in a way that is more accessible for the current generation of customers, while staying true to the GameCube version, the game features upgraded graphics, improved usability, and quality of life improvements that will enhance the experience of the original work.
What enhancements were made to this version of the game?
The visual quality of the game has been improved, including the user interface and graphics for the main characters and objects in the field.
In addition to stabilizing the frame rate, Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster introduces new features such as encounters-off, auto-battle, skip cutscenes, and auto-save to make it even more accessible to new players.
Is there any content added or deleted?
There is no additional content for this title, but there is also no deleted content. This is a remastered title that combines two games, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and Baten Kaitos Origins into one title.
What is the spec information for this title?
Based on the GameCube version, this title supports improved aspect ratios and has enhanced graphic expression. Please refer to the table below for the detailed specification information on this title.
- Voice Over: Japanese
- Text Languages:
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- Baten Kaitos Origins: English
- Screen Resolution: TV Mode at 1920×1080 (*works at up to 2K resolution)
- Frame Rate: 30 frames per second
- Compatibility: Nintendo Switch Lite
- Online Functions – (#players): N/A
- Offline Functions – Paid Service: N/A
- Paid Downloadable Content: N/A
- Game File Size: 8GB
- microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card required
- Number of Saved Data:
- Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean: 30
- Baten Kaitos Origins: 30
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.