Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Welcome, your Highness! A vast land awaits your settlers and is ready to be colonized.
Fabledom offers an accessible and intuitive way of playing city builders, no excel sheets nor optimization is required to build yourself a kingdom.
Set in a strange world where fairytales became reality, you will witness the growth of your village; follow your citizens’ lives and watch the rise and fall of your relationships with the neighboring kingdoms.
- City Building: Collect Resources and Shape your Settlement – Find the promised land, settle, and flourish! You will need every resource available to you to expand and thrive. Build and shape a city worthy of your future citizens!
- Production: Tales of trades, Feuds, and Partnerships – Build your economy, and exchange rare resources to grow and evolve. Fabledom offers numerous ways to interact with other kingdoms. How you will handle diplomacy will shape your progress.
- Courtships: Get Yourself a Queen or a King – Romance will strongly shape the way you play and enjoy the game. Fabledom‘s focus on love and candor will provide fresh city building mechanics.
- Protect: Build an Army, Elect Your Hero to Protect and Conquer – Choose your champion, assemble your town watch and defend your Kingdom against vile neighbors and minions
- Chill and Contemplate: Sweet and Laid Back in a Fairytale World – Experience the fairytale world filled with giants, witches, flying pigs and hidden secrets. Explore every nook and cranny of this magical world!
Fabledom is inspired by amazing games like:
- Kingdoms and Castles
- The Settlers
“With Fabledom we wanted to merge the joy of city building games with the quaint, wholesome charm of fairytales,” said Grenaa Games owner and game designer Max Nielsen in a press release. “We wanted to create something laid back enough for kids and casual players to get a kick out of, while offering enough optional depth for genre veterans to sink their teeth into. We’re beyond excited to see what kinds of kingdom you all create when Fabledom launches this year!”
Dear Villagers head of publishing Guillaume Jamet added, “Fabledom really captures the voice of Dear Villagers. It’s got villagers! It’s dear! It’s quaint and charming and cute! Even its countryside looks like rural France, not too far from where we’re based in Montpellier. When we first saw Fabledom, we couldn’t help but be delighted by it!”
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.