Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate shipments and digital sales top 500,000First launched in December 2010.
Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate have surpassed 500,000 units as of December 2022, publisher Spike Chunsoft announced. The number covers all versions of the game.
Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate first launched for DS on December 9, 2010 in Japan, followed by PS Vita on June 4, 2015 in Japan and July 26, 2016 in North America and Europe, Switch and PC on December 2, 2020 worldwide, and iOS and Android on March 30, 2022 in Japan.
Here is an overview of the game, via Spike Chunsoft:
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate is the latest installment in the storied franchise. Legend has it that Reeva, god of Destiny, holds sway over the past, present, and future. Said to dwell in the mysterious Tower of Fortune, Reeva decides the fates of all mankind with a trio of magic dice…
Lead Shiren The Wanderer and his sidekick Koppa in their quest to conquer the Tower of Fortune!
New Bonus Dungeons
- Bladeless Wasteland – As the name implies, there are no weapon drops in this dungeon! Physical attacks do minimal damage, so use arrows, rocks and other ranged attacks to fight your way through.
- Cloister of Certain Doom – Challenge yourself by setting a target number of turns to clear the dungeon within. Fail, and get booted back to the surface. How low can you go?
- Garden of Destiny – Defeating a monster in one attack nets a huge experience boost, but the more attacks it takes, the less experience you earn!
*Unlocked by clearing the main game.
- Music Collection – Encountered a melody during your adventures that you can’t get out of your head? Listen to it anytime you like!
- Live Display – Designed for live streaming, this optional UI displays your status, items, equipment, abilities, gameplay time, and turns spent in the dungeon.
- Wanderer Rescue and Rankings Go Global – The Wanderer Rescue system lets you request help from other players when you collapse in a dungeon, while the Ranking system tracks top dungeon scores and rescue attempts. This time around, the system connects all adventurers around the world, regardless of language or region settings. (There is an option to filter / limit these features by player language settings.)