Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Santa Monica Studio have released the latest update for God of War Ragnarok, which adds the “Photo Mode.”
Here is an overview of the mode and some photography tips, via PlayStation Blog:
Photo Mode Features
- Apply expressions to the following characters in a scene:
- Kratos, Atreus, Freya, Brok, Sindri, Angrboda, Thor, and Thrud
- Hide main or side characters in a scene
- Adjust camera controls with:
- Field of View
- Focal Length
- Camera Roll
- Adjust shutter controls with:
- Depth of Field
- Focus Distance
- Adjust brightness and filters with:
- Film Grain
- Filter Intensity, with finer controls for Vibrance and Saturation
- Apply vignettes, borders, and logos
Photo Mode Tips
- Adjust the Filter Intensity, Vibrance, and Saturation on your desired filter for a wider range of colors.
- Be sure to add a vignette when appropriate to give your shot more depth.
- Don’t be afraid to roll the camera a little bit, especially when shooting combat. It can make your screenshots feel more dynamic and less like the camera is always shooting from a fixed horizontal position.
- If you like to take vertical shots, you can roll the camera 90 degrees to give yourself the much-needed headroom.
- Remember, lighting is everything! Your screenshots will really pop if the subject of your shot is properly lit. Know where your light source is when entering Photo Mode to give your subject proper visibility.
- Take your time looking for a shot you’re happy with. A lot of times, you can enter photo mode thinking of taking a specific shot only to find something else better during that moment. Explore with the camera and move about the scene and see what jumps out at you.
God of War Ragnarok is available for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.