Cotton Fantasy coming to PC on January 5, 2023PC version to be released under Japanese title Cotton Rock 'n' Roll.
Publisher SUCCESS Corporation and developer Studio Saizensen will release shoot ’em up Cotton Fantasy for PC via Steam under its Japanese title Cotton Rock ‘n’ Roll on January 5, 2023, the companies announced.
Cotton Fantasy first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 31, 2021, followed by a worldwide release on May 20, 2022.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
The original beautiful girl side-scrolling shooter is back! This work commemorates the 30th anniversary of the Cotton series.
This brand-new game from the Cotton series featuring a total of six iconic playable characters, including stars from other games! Each character has their own mechanics and attacks, allowing you to choose from different playstyles and find the right match! While staying true to the iconic Cotton style, several new shoot ’em up mechanics are introduced, like Psyvariar‘s Buzz System or Sanvein‘s Time Mode.
Choose your favorite route from the selective stages and complete all 10 stages. After all stages are cleared, new selective stages will be released.
- Operation – One lever plus two buttons (shot / special shot).
- Various Characters
- Cotton – Protagonist of the series. Long press on a shot to use magic.
- Appli – Character added in the series Cotton 2. You can use magic just like Cotton, and catch enemies with a special shot!
- Ria – A new character based on Psyvariar. When she snatches an enemy’s bullet, it BUZZs and strengthens her.
- Fina – New character based on the motif of Sanvein. The system will be changed to a timed system.
- Kawase – Umihara Kawase is now a shooting game? Special shot is a lure. You can catch enemies and put them in your backpack.
- Luffee – The heroine of Doki Doki Poyacchio! She transforms into a laser character.
- 16 Stages in Total – Choose your favorite route in the selective stages and clear all 10 stages. New selectable stages will be released when all stages are cleared.
- Various Modes
- Story Mode – There are 3 difficulty levels to choose from. Full-voiced event scenes will liven up the story before and after each stage.
- Training Mode – You can repeat stages that you have already played many times.
- Leaderboards – Online and offline rankings are available.
- Options – You can set the keyboard controls, language, and visibility of the judges’ decisions.