“We’ve been big fans of Marvel’s Iron Man VR ever since it launched on PlayStation VR in 2020, and we could not be more excited to reveal that it’s coming to Meta Quest 2 on November 3, courtesy of the talented teams at Camouflaj and Endeavor One, and our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and Marvel Entertainment,” reads the announcement. “Take to the skies in Tony Stark’s iconic Iron Man armor. Travel the world and face off against Ghost, a hacker with a dangerous drone army and a mysterious connection to Stark’s past. Packed full of deep-cut references for longtime Marvel fans, this is the closest you can get to inhabiting Iron Man’s armor, short of building your own.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Oculus Studios:
Become a super hero. Become Iron Man. Take flight in Marvel’s Iron Man VR!
Tap into your inner Super Hero as you step into Iron Man’s armor and blast into the skies. Explore Tony’s garage to customize and upgrade an arsenal of gear, gadgets, and weapons. Hit the afterburners and feel the rush of flying hundreds of miles an hour. Use all of Tony Stark’s resources to find the mysterious villain Ghost and her army of hacked Stark drones. Experience this action-packed immersive Iron Man adventure now
- Use intuitive Meta Quest Touch controllers to soar through the skies and locations around the world.
- Take down enemies with Repulsor Blasts and other powerful weapons.
- Tinker in Tony’s garage to customize and upgrade Iron Man’s armor, gadgets, gear, and weapons.
- Experience an Iron Man story made exclusively for virtual reality.
- Immerse yourself in the Marvel universe with characters like Pepper Potts and Nick Fury.
- Challenge other players on global leaderboards.
Watch the Quest announcement trailer below.