Capcom will host a closed beta test for Street Fighter 6 from October 7 to October 10 across PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC (Steam), the company announced. Applications are available at the official website.
The closed beta test will feature cross-play, as well as eight playable characters and the following modes: Ranked Match, Casual Match, Battle Hub Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center, and Training Mode.
Capcom also released a new set of trailers showcasing the game’s World Tour, Fighting Ground, and Battle Hub game modes, new real-time commentators Kosuke Hiraiwa and Demon Kakka, and announcing the closed beta test.
Get the latest details below.
Street Fighter 6 continues its momentum with knockout combinations of new info on World Tour and Battle Hub, four character reveals, the new Extreme Battle mode, plus the unveil of an upcoming closed beta test!
World Tour and Battle Hub
First up, major updates for World Tour and Battle Hub were announced, including:
- World Tour – Players will be able to create their own avatars with a multitude of customization options to reflect their personal styles and flair. As players progress through the immersive story mode, they’ll hone their avatar’s strength through Street Fights with various NPCs and meet masters like Ryu and Chun-Li who will teach them special moves from their own repertoires. All inhabitants and opponents of World Tour never back down from a challenge, and will seamlessly transition from conversation to battle.
- Battle Hub – Players can take their customized avatars into the Battle Hub, which serves as the lobby area to find matches against other players from around the world including online tournaments. When two players sit down at one of the arcade cabinets placed back-to-back throughout the Battle Hub, they can kick-off a match with the whole Battle Hub as their audience. Players can also visit the Game Center to play retro Capcom classics like Street Fighter II and Final Fight.
Second on the bill was the introduction of four World Warriors making their return to the streets:
- Ken – Accusations of orchestrating a criminal plot have forced Ken, a former US National Fighting Champion and ex-VP of the Masters Foundation, to abandon his family and business to go into hiding. As a legend in the Street Fighter series, Ken packs a classic move set with new additions that keep things fresh.
- Blanka – A kindhearted adventure tour guide and defender of nature, Blanka features his signature Electric Thunder and Rolling Attacks, plus brand new Blanka-chan Bombs and the return of his Lightning Beast move.
- Dhalsim – A monk and yoga master, Dhalsim channels his familiar fire techniques from past games while also mastering moves like Yoga Fire, Yoga Arch, Yoga Comet, and Yoga Flame.
- E. Honda – A globetrotting sumo wrestler, E. Honda combines old with new, bringing back his trademark moves like Hundred Hand Slap and Sumo Headbutt, plus his brand new Sumo Dash where he moves forward with a traditional sumo shuffle.
Extreme Battle Mode
The all-new Extreme Battle mode enters the Fighting Ground to offer a new way to spice up matches with unconventional parameters. These fast and frantic battles are defined by new Rules and Gimmicks that make every match an experience anyone can enjoy. Rules define the victory condition for players, while Gimmicks add a new level of fun such as a stampeding bull sporadically interrupting a match.
Two more commentators were also revealed for the Real-Time Commentary feature, Kosuke Hiraiwa (play-by-play commentator) and His Excellency Demon Kakka (color commentator). Kosuke Hiraiwa is a well-known esports caster who lends his expertise and professionalism to Street Fighter 6. H.E.Demon Kakka is the lead singer of Japanese heavy metal band Seikima-II. While they will commentate your matches in Japanese, there will be accompanying subtitles for any of the 13 supported languages displayed on the screen if they are selected.
Closed Beta Test
Lastly, a closed beta test will take place from October 7 to 10, 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam with cross-play enabled! The closed beta test will include Ranked Match, Casual Match, Battle Hub Match, Open Tournament, Extreme Battle, Game Center, and Training Mode. Eight characters will be playable during the test including Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, Jamie, Guile, Kimberly, Juri, and Ken.
Watch the new trailers below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
World Tour, Fighting Ground, and Battle Hub Game Mode Trailer
Closed Beta Test Announce Trailer
Real-Time Commentary Feature: Kosuke Hiraiwa and H.E.Demon Kakka Trailer