Here is an overview of the game, via Raw Fury:
Mr. Sun’s Hatbox is a slapstick, roguelite platformer about getting the job done, no matter the cost. Upgrade your HQ, your team, and your tools so you can take on increasingly dangerous (and ridiculous) missions in pursuit of not only the hat you’ve lost, but as many hats as you can handle.
From your humble beginnings as a one-man-delivery-band, you’ll build up an organization of reformed hat-thieves to send on both covert and chaotic missions. As you progress through each level, you’ll curate a closetful of stylish headgear, recruit a bumbling bunch of brainwashed bandits, and collect an assortment of weapons, ranging from the practical to the ridiculous. Upgrade your base, your team, and your tools so you can take on the more dangerous Hat Heists, and with every successful return, you’ll get one step closer to returning the package that started it all to its rightful home.
- Base, Sweet Base – Expand your HQ to upgrade your gear, heal your heroes, and display your glorious hats
- Every Mission, A New Adventure – Procedurally generated platformer levels present a host of obstacles to overcome, via cautious stealth or spirited ambush
- Assemble Your Staff – Build a quirky team with an array of unique traits that will help or hinder your critical efforts
- Collect the Whole Set – Capture dozens of hats to wear, weapons to upgrade, and enemies to brainwash
- Chaos is Inevitable – No amount of preparation, stealth, or hats will guarantee your safe return to base. But they sure help!
Watch the announcement trailer and 10 minutes of gameplay footage below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.