Publisher Prime Matter and Shanghai-based developer Arrowiz have announced turn-based mystery RPG Mato Anomalies for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in Q1 2023 worldwide for $39.99. It will feature English and Japanese voice-overs, as well as English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese subtitle options. Playtime is said to be over 40 hours.
“We are excited to share the game we’ve been building over the past two years,” said Arrowiz CEO Horace Xiong in a press release. “Our creative team imagined the deep storyline and world in Mato Anomalies, brought to life by our passionate designers. Over 50 talented individuals, not including external partners, were involved in this project. We are emboldened by our partner in Prime Matter, who believes in our studio and global vision.”
Prime Matter global brand and marketing director Mario Gerhold added, “We are delighted to team up with Arrowiz for this upcoming release. Mato Anomalies fits perfectly into our broad portfolio of quality games for gamers, and with the studio’s great ambition, it’s also a perfect fit for Prime Matter and we look forward to supporting the team with all of our local and global publishing and marketing experience.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Prime Matter:
Mato Anomalies is a turn-based RPG that takes players on a journey across Mato, a fantasized neo-futuristic version of the Old Shanghai. Take control of the Dual Protagonists Doe and Gram to investigate strange anomalies around the city, or venture into rifts to battle demonic abominations determined to bring about the city’s downfall. Team up with unlikely companions and unravel the dark secrets in this story of Duty, Hope and Justice.
Mato isn’t a normal city, but it pretends to be. Who could’ve imagined the evil hiding beneath the surface?
Such difficult situations bring together unlikely people. Just like our protagonists young private detective Doe and the mysterious exorcist Gram.
Utilizing their respective skills they head out to unravel the mystery of Mato and defeat the evil force trying to bring about its downfall.
Will justice prevail? Or will our heroes fall victim to corruption?
- Anomalies – Find clues throughout Mato by talking to NPCs, taking on missions and visiting shops to pinpoint Rifts, portals to the demonic creatures attacking the city. Enter at your peril and defeat them in battle and collect abundant rewards.
- Dual Worlds – Traverse across Mato, a neo-futuristic version of Old Shanghai. Beneath its surface lies another world. Discover Rifts which act as portals into a place beyond space and time, filled with powerful enemies.
- Corrupt or Corrupted – Insidious factions are somehow involved in the dark fate befalling Mato. Can our heroes find out what’s going on? Or will they themselves fall victim to despair and corruption?
- Band of Misfits – The enemy of your enemy is your friend. Difficult circumstances make for unlikely friendships. Find new allies during your investigations and gain their trust through conversation and shared experiences.
- Smart Combat – Mato Anomalies provides a unique and challenging battle experience highlighted by shared health across all team members, gear matrix and dual-talent system. A unique combat strategy will be needed if you want to succeed!
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.