Publisher THQ Nordic and developer Experiment 101 will release Biomutant for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series on September 6 for $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99, the companies announced. Users who own the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One versions can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series version at no additional charge.
Here are the technical specifications, via THQ Nordic:
PlayStation 5 Technical Details
Choose between three different graphic modes:
- Quality: 30 frames per second 4K resolution
- Quality Unleashed: 40-plus frames per second, averaging 50 to 60 frames per second, up to 4K resolution
- Performance: 60 frames per second locked at 1440p
Biomutant on the PlayStation 5 unleashes not only framerates but also the power of the DualSense. Feel even more immersed with haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, motion control, and speaker sound. On top of that the PlayStation-exclusive Activity Cards will also offer a variety of different ways to jump straight back into Biomutant. If you already own the PlayStation 4 version, you will be able to upgrade to this enhanced version for free and you can even bring those delicious PlayStation 4 save files with you!
Xbox Series S|X Technical Details
On Xbox Series X, Biomutant offers native 4k resolution with up to 60 FPS, the Xbox Series S offers a 1440p resolution and up to 60 FPS as well.
These are the three different graphic modes:
- Quality: 30 frames per second at 4K resolution (1440p on Series S)
- Quality Unleashed: 40-plus frames per second, averaging at 50 tot 60 frames per second, up to 4K resolution (1440p on Series S)
- Performance: 60 frames per second locked at 1440p (1080p on Series S)
Watch the announcement trailer below.