Animal hunting game Way of the Hunter will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG on August 16, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Nine Rocks Games announced.
Digital Pre-Order for Way of the Hunter is now available and lets you choose between two versions. The standard edition goes for an SRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 on PC and consoles and if you Pre-Order, you’ll receive the Hunter’s Pack which includes three cosmetic items: The Engraved Shotgun, a special Car Paint and a Wooden Carved Animal Statue.
Digital pre-orders are available now in $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 standard and $54.99 / €54.99 / £44.99 Elite editions. The latter includes the Season Pass, which will feature two new regions as downloadable content due out at a later date. Pre-orders for either edition include the “Hunter’s Pack” add-on, which features three cosmetic items: “The Engraved Shotgun,” a special “Car Paint,” and a “Wooden Carved Animal Statue.”
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
This authentic hunting experience lets you explore and hunt in large open-world environments in the United States and Europe. Discover true to life animals in beautiful natural habitats and handle various detailed and highly realistic weapons.
Face the challenges of ethical hunting, supported by a compelling story, or simply enjoy hunting the rich environments freely.
- Dozens of strikingly detailed animal species with realistic behavior models for a truly immersive hunting experience.
- Enjoy your perfect hunting adventure among friends in co-op mode.
- Hunt like a pro with features that highlight animal signs, blood splatter analysis, and shot review with the rewindable bullet camera.
- Two vast hunting territories with 55 square miles each.
- Realistic ballistics and bullet physics simulation.
- Sophisticated natural animal animations and reactions when sensing the players presence.
- A compelling story about the struggles of a family hunting business, and the rivalry and friendships that surround it.
- Complex Trophy system generates unique antlers and horns based on multiple factors like fitness and age.
- Shot review with the rewindable bullet camera.
Watch a new trailer below.