Here is an overview of the game, via Square Enix:
In a vibrant and colorful world, players will tend their crops, befriend the townsfolk, overcome threats, discover the origins of the world and the truth behind the calamity along the way.
The story begins when the player wakes up in the middle of “Quietus,” a calamity that comes with each change of season and threatens all life.
- Quietus – A season of death that comes at the turn of each season. Crops wither and the dust of death prevents people from even walking outside. It is said that the duration of Quietus is getting longer each year.
- World – Players will be able to explore the various cities and dungeons of the world: “Nemea Town,” where cherry blossoms bloom all year round, “Seaside Town Shatolla,” with a lively bar scene, “Lethe Village,” with its beautiful colors of the four seasons, and the snow-covered “Holy Capital Argene.” In order for players to reach the “Seaslight,” the four giant crystals that govern the seasons, they must cross a beautiful yet rugged path.
- Daily Life – Vegetables, grains, and fruits can be grown on fields and shipped for money or used as crafting materials. They can also be used for cooking, where recipes can have the effect of recovering HP or temporarily increasing stats, which will be useful while on adventures. At home, players take care of their animals: the round bird “Cluffowl,” the dignified goat “Woolum,” and their pet “Totokaku,” which may lead to nice rewards.
- Comrades – Players will encounter new friends, such as “Shrika,” a missionary in search of a new faith, “Heine,” a flirtatious and handsome mechanic, “Asyl,” a descendant of the Wind Readers, and “Aria,” a mysterious girl who says she has come from the future. By facing their problems and their different ways of life, you will gain a better understanding of your allies.
- Combat – During battle, switch instantly between a wide variety of jobs, like the “Fighter,” who unleashes quick sword techniques, the “Shadow Walker,” who deals lethal blows with twin swords, or the “Mage,” who specializes in magic attacks, to be victorious. Take on strong enemies by targeting their weak points and then eliminate them with a powerful Double Break attack.
And here are the first details:
Our story takes place on a planet where four giant crystals exist, known as the Seaslight. The Seaslight govern the seasons, and all life receives their blessings.
Yet, catching everyone unaware, the Seaslight start behaving abnormally. As the seasons change, “Quietus” begins to visit in the interim between seasons. Quietus—the season of death. The Seaslight glow with a strange light, emitting vast quantities of dust formed of light that threatens all life. Crops wither and people cannot even walk outside.
During one particular Quietus, a traveler collapses in an isolated village—our protagonist. Upon their meeting with a certain girl, a new adventure stirs.
…The girl pronounces, “I think I came here from the future…”
Her name is Aria, and she is researching the mysteries of Quietus. Thus, our protagonist and Aria take their first steps on their shared journey that will lead to the very truth of this world.
—Spring Seaslight (concept art by Isamu Kamikokuryo)
—Spring Seaslight (Quietus) (concept art by Isamu Kamikokuryo)
HARVESTELLA is a life simulation RPG where you can enjoy daily life, socializing, and adventuring in the fantasy world, resplendent in the four seasons.
Enjoy the slow life—grow crops to harvest or use as ingredients in cooking, raise livestock, or go fishing.
Explore a town where cherry blossoms flutter in the air all year round. A town with a bustling bar, and a village with the beautiful colors of the four seasons. In the snow-covered capital, a variety of residents are waiting to meet you!
Monsters will block your path in dungeons. Make full use of Jobs and skills and clear the dungeons alongside your party.
Time passes each day, from morning to midnight. You are free to carry out daily activities, socialize, or go adventuring as you please. The seasons change every 30 days, from Spring to Summer to Autumn to Winter, and the crops you can grow will change with each season.
During Quietus, the season that visits as seasons shift, crops wither and the dust of death prevents people from walking around outside.
- Occupation: Traveler
The player character. Saved by the village doctor after having collapsed near an isolated village one day during Quietus, they have lived near the village ever since.
Two types can be selected for the protagonist.
“I think I came here from the future…”
- Occupation: Scientist
A girl who has traveled to the past, due to some kind of accident. She ends up living with the protagonist, searching for a way to return to her own time and delving into the mysteries of Quietus…
“I can’t turn my back on someone when they’re sad… even her.”
- Occupation: Argus Brigade
A young man who lives in a town near the Spring Seaslight. Currently a member of the Argus Brigade, he grew up in the town orphanage. Due to his straightforward and honest personality, the townspeople place their trust in him.
“I can only imagine that the people of the past made the teachings because they believed in the power of the human heart.”
- Occupation: Missionary
A missionary of the Seaslight Order, who worship the Seaslight. She resolves various incidents as she travels from place to place. She fights with blades of light that fly through the air, which are bestowed upon missionaries.
■ Daily Life
In your fields, you can grow vegetables, grains, and fruits that correspond to the season. Once you’ve harvested your crops, you can sell them for money or use them as ingredients in cooking.
Cooking and Crafting
At home, you can craft and cook items that you’ll need on your adventure. The food you cook can provide myriad benefits, including restoring HP, and some recipes even grant status boosts!
You’ll receive useful rewards by clearing quests given by townspeople, whether money or items. As you complete character stories, you can become closer to them.
On the overworld, there are various towns and dungeons, vibrantly depicting the four seasons. Expect to meet new characters in towns and fearsome enemies in dungeons. By obtaining a submarine, you’ll be able to explore some parts of the ocean.
Overcome battles by using joint attacks with party members and switching instantly between a wide variety of Jobs. Hit the enemy’s weaknesses to deal great amounts of damage.
Each job has a unique weapon and characteristic skills. Jobs have different attack styles, such as physical or magical.
A physical attacker who can unleash swift sword techniques. Can handle multiple enemies at once by using single target and ranged attack skills.
A physical attacker who deals mortal injury with twin blades. Can enhance their own attacks and deal huge damage with hard-hitting skills.
A job that excels at long-range magical attacks. Since Mages utilize multiple elements, they can deal huge damage by skillfully targeting the enemy’s weaknesses.