Severed Steel launches July 20 for PS5 and PS4, July 21 for Switch, and July 22 for Xbox Series and Xbox OneMerge Games to publish physical edition.
Hyperkinetic first-person shooter Severed Steel will launch for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on July 20, Switch on July 21, and Xbox Series and Xbox One on July 22, publisher Digerati and developer Greylock Studio announced. Merge Games will also publish a physical edition at retailers this summer for $34.99 / €34.99 / £29.99.
Severed Steel first launched for PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG, and Humble Store on September 17, 2021.
The console versions will feature all core game content currently featured in the PC version, including Campaign, Firefight, and New Game + modes, 42 levels, 27 weapons, five arm cannons, and 22 game modifying mutators.
The level editor featured in the PC versions will not be included in the console versions, but a selection of user-created levels will be added as a bonus for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
Severed Steel is a single-player first-person shooter featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.
- A Unique Fighter – Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands.
- Stylish Combat – Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons—do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights.
- Fully Destructible Environment – Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon.
- Dynamic AI – No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI.
- Firefight Mode – Chase high scores and fast times for leaderboard acclaim in this arcade-styled mode. Features 42 levels, each with their own sub-challenges, and over 20 unlockable, game modifying “Mutators.”
- Campaign Mode – Blast through six compact story chapters as you battle against the forces of nefarious mega-corporation, EdenSys.
- Accessibility – A range of adjustable settings for features such as difficulty, visuals, audio, controls, navigation, and more.
Watch a new trailer below. View a set of pack shots at the gallery.