Project Lumina will release two new downloadable content characters for Melty Blood: Type Lumina this summer, followed by another two this winter, the company announced.
Several free update plans and an official United States tournament were also announced.
Get the details below.
Future Update Plans
- Two additional playable characters will be added this summer, followed by two additional playable characters this winter.
- Major updates to all characters and systems.
- Combo damage is now displayed during a fight.
- Increased custom color slots in customize mode.
- Added “Save State and Resume State” to Training Mode Restart.
- Added a new feature to the Replay Mode to make replay viewing more convenient.
- Modified to be able to pass when the number of players in a room is small in a player match.
- Modified player match invitation function for ranked matches.
- Training standby for ranked matches has been modified to make it easier to match.
- Functional modification and improvement of network mode.
- Other major renovations and feature additions planned!
Other Game Updates
- Two new Official Tournament Commemorative Plates can be purchased from the menu screen for 4,000 CP.
- Approximately 400 Free Words added.
- Added simple messages to player matches.
Official Tournament: United States Hosted by Eliphant
- The Melty Blood: Type Lumina Official Tournament: United States Central Qualifier will be held from July 23 to 24; the West Qualifier from September 24 to 25; and the East Qualifier from November 12 to 13. Registration for the Central Qualifier is available now via Battlefy. Registration for the West Qualifier will open on August 29; and for the Easy Qualifier on October 17.
- Qualifier rounds will be held in three districts. The top eight finishers from each qualifying round will be invited to the finals. Qualifier rounds are online, grand finals are offline.
- The live grand finals will be held in December 2022.
- Prizes include:
- All Participants: Limited Color Palette (for those who participated in the first round on the day of the tournament)
- Quarterfinal: Limited in-game customization icon for first place, second place, third place, and fourth to eighth place.
- First Place: Championship Plaque with Player’s Name (shipped after the grand finals).
- Prize Money: $500 per qualifier. Final round offers a total of $5,000.
- Visit the tournament website here.
Melty Blood: Type Lumina is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.