Stealth action game Kamiwaza: Way of the Thief will launch for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam on October 13 in Japan for 4,400 yen at retail and 3,980 yen via download, developer Acquire announced.
In the west, Kamiwaza: Way of the Thief is due out via publisher NIS America this fall.
Here is an overview of the game, via NIS America:
On the streets of Mikado, only the tough survive. For one man, a heist gone wrong would change his life forever.
Set during the Edo period of Japan, Kamiwaza stars amateur thief Ebizo, who aspires to steal from the rich and give to the poor. During his first stint, however, he and his mentor, Ainosuke, witness their own men take the lives of innocent civilians. Disillusioned by the horrific display of violence, Ainosuke advises Ebizo to escape with the only survivor—a lone girl.
A decade later, Ebizo has held fast to his morals, living an honest and fulfilling life with Suzuna, the young girl he took in as his own daughter. But the illusion of security is shattered once Suzuna falls ill. In order to buy the medicine she desperately needs, Ebizo is faced with a heavy financial burden. Conflicted, Ebizo is forced to return to the underbelly of Mikado, but vows only to steal for the sake of those less fortunate.
Will you walk the path of honor, even as a thief? The choice is yours to make.
- History in the Making – Your decisions as a thief will determine your future with multiple branching storylines.
- Fancy Footwork – Avoid enemy detection with stealthy action gameplay and build up your reputation!
- Family First – What lengths would you go to for those you hold dear? Familial bonds will be put to the test in this uniquely heartwarming tale.
- Experience the remastered edition of the original PlayStation 2 title for the first time in the west.
- Enjoy a flexible approach to stealth with unique gameplay that allows you to steal everything in sight and slip by enemies unnoticed.
- Use your finest evasive maneuvers to avoid enemy detection, and don’t be afraid to get creative with your strategies.