Coffee Stain Publishing and developer Coffee Stain North have announced Goat Simulator 3 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, and PC (Epic Games Store). It will launch this fall. A physical edition will also be available, with pre-orders including the in-game “Pre-udder gear.”
“Since the release of the first Goat Simulator, it’s come to our attention that it did not really represent reality and how it actually feels to be a goat,” Coffee Stain North creative director Santiago Ferrero said in a press release. “So for the past couple of years, we’ve been doing some googling, and I am pleased to say—we’ve made it. Goat Simulator 3 is by far the greatest goat experience out there. Is it worth the money? Who knows. But will you regret it? Probably.”
Here is an overview of the game, via Coffee Stain Publishing:
This follow up to 2014’s Goat Simulator starts an all-new adventure, once again featuring Pilgor the goat. This time she’s found new pastures on the sprawling sandbox island of San Angora, a place where mysteries and chaos follow wherever you go. Players are free to roam around and discover the island’s secrets or, well, just destroy stuff. This is a Goat Simulator, after all.
Built from the gravel up, this next generation of goat simulation has it all; Goats, goats wearing hats, goats riding a goat wearing a hat. There are also unnatural disasters, secret animal societies, triple jumping and probably any other nonsense you could think up. But truly, what is all this exciting newness without friends to explore it with? In Goat Simulator 3, you can gather as a herd of up to 4 friends to be the goats of your dreams, together. Yes, Goat Simulator 3 has online multiplayer!
- Goats – You play as a goat! Pilgor, to be exact. However, you’ll also have the chance to wear the skins of many other ‘goats’. Tall goats, tasty goats, angry goats—all the goats you expect and more.
- Multiplayer – Your friends play as goats too! Goat Simulator 3 has four-player co-op, locally or online. You’ll be able to travel through the world together, cause cooperative mischief aplenty, and compete in 7 fun multiplayer mini-games, and then not be friends anymore.
- Exploration – Goat Simulator 3‘s giant new sandbox has plenty to discover—hidden secrets, quests, collectables and the developers actually bothered to make an ending this time! Use your own four hooves to get around, grind on your butt or buckle up for the ride of your life as all goats can drive cars.
- Chaos and Reactivity – Cause all manner of mayhem as you lick, headbutt, crash and explode your way across the map, leaving no NPC unannoyed. Toy with the universally recognized four elements (Fire, Electricity, Oil and Alien Goo), test the limits of the world’s physics and interact with suspicious objects for… surprising results.
- Customization – Players can fully customize their goat’s Head, Back, Feet, Body, Horns, and Furs with over 300 different gear parts to choose from—from toilet rolls to tea trays… and other actual clothing items, if you want to be like that. Some gear parts will mutate your playstyle by giving you new abilities, all will alter your perceived sense of style.
Goat Simulator 3 is a direct sequel to Goat Simulator, a silly game that started life as an April Fool’s joke born out of a game jam. In 2014, Goat Simulator became a true goat simulation sensation, selling millions of units across consoles and PC, as well as ‘earning’ ports to Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and most-recently Apple Arcade.