Get the latest details below.
■ Messages from the Producer and Director
Message from Producer Naoki Yoshida
I know how long you have been waiting for this, so it gives me great pleasure to announce the release of our latest trailer “Dominance.”
In previous interviews and updates, we didn’t delve too deep into details about the game system, but hopefully with this preview, you all were able to get a better picture of what actual gameplay will entail—namely, high-octane battles featuring our protagonist Clive Rosfield wielding a full arsenal of attacks unique to the game’s many Eikons (summons). Not to mention epic clashes between the Eikons themselves that put you right in the action.
The team, under direction of Hiroshi Takai, has entered the final leg of development and is focusing on polish as they continue their march toward master up and launch. I, for one, would like to personally thank them for all the hard work they’ve put into the project.
With the power of the PlayStation 5 behind us, we’re looking to take you on a seamless, story-driven, white-knuckle ride that will rival even the most thrilling roller-coaster. So buckle up, the wait is almost over!
Final Fantasy XVI Producer
Message from Director Hiroshi Takai
First, allow me to apologize for making everyone wait so long for new information on Final Fantasy XVI… but the good news is it’s finally here!
In our latest trailer, we’ve introduced several new Eikons, as well as provided a more detailed peek at our action-packed battle system and the freedom it gives players. As for development progress, I’m happy to announce that the game is fully playable from start to finish; though, from optimization to brush-up, there is still a mountain of challenges to tackle as we head into our final push.
Until then, please stay tuned. We’ll do our best to not keep you waiting too long before our next update!
Final Fantasy XVI Director
■ New Characters
Permanent Economic Adviser Hugo Kupka’s meteoric rise to prominence was sudden, if not unexpected. Once a nameless foot soldier in the Republican Army, his awakening as Dominant of the Eikon Titan thrust him to the forefront of Dhalmekian politics. It was here he used his newfound position as the most powerful man in the republic to exert influence over both the nation’s armies and its policy making—amassing a personal fortune in the process. Yet while it is said that a man who has everything wants for nothing, Benedikta Harman will teach him money and power are far from all the world has to offer.
Having emerged from the storm of youth coldhearted and ruthless, Benedikta Harman—Dominant of the Eikon Garuda, Warden of the Wind—turned her talent for swordplay and subterfuge into a command of Waloed’s elite intelligencers. It is on a mission to find the elusive second Eikon of Fire that she crosses paths with a like-minded Clive and is forced to face her past.
■ Development Staff Introduction
- Producer: Naoki Yoshida (Final Fantasy XIV Online, Dragon Quest X, Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road)
- Main Director: Hiroshi Takai (Final Fantasy V, SaGa Frontier, The Last Remnant)
- Creative Director & Original Screenplay: Kazutoyo Maehiro (Final Fantasy XIV Online, Final Fantasy XII, The Last Remnant)
- Localization Director: Michael-Christopher Koji Fox (Final Fantasy XIV Online, Final Fantasy XI Online, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus)
- Art Director: Hiroshi Minagawa (Final Fantasy XIV Online, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tacticvs)
- Combat Director: Ryota Suzuki (Devil May Cry 5, Dragon’s Dogma, Marvel vs. Capcom 2)
- Character Design: Kazuya Takahashi (Final Fantasy XIV Online, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X)
- Composer: Masayoshi Soken (Final Fantasy XIV Online, Nanashi no Game series, Mario Hoops 3-on-3)
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.