Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Raylight Games have announced Commandos 3 HD Remaster for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch digitally in September and physically in October. It will also be available via Xbox Game Pass.
Commandos 3 HD Remaster is a high-definition remaster of the real-time strategy game Commandos 3: Destination Berlin, which first launched for PC on October 14, 2003.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Fall in, soldier! Commandos 3 HD Remaster sends you to the relentless and unforgiving battlefields of Europe. Fight your way through the deadly trenches of Stalingrad, defeat the German enemy in the fanatical heart of the Third Reich in Berlin, and use your tactical know-how to survive the storming of Normandy on D-Day.
In this revamped third instalment of the acclaimed real-time tactics series, lead a notorious special forces unit deep behind enemy lines during World War II. Help the Allies to victory in high definition, with improved controls and user interface.
- Remastered in High Definition – Includes reworked 3D models and textures built from the ground up, improved controls, refined UI and beginner-friendly tutorials and hints.
- Lead Six Daredevil Commandos – The special units under your command, from the Green Beret, Sapper, Sniper, Diver, Spy and Thief, are experts in their field and crucial to the success of your mission.
- Relive Iconic World War II Campaigns – From training camp to 12 daring missions, experience history across 3 major frontlines including Stalingrad, Central Europe and Normandy.
- Story and Action-Driven Missions – Follow a crack team of commandos in a time of great peril, Commandos 3 HD Remaster includes even more detail and action than its predecessors.
- Rally Your Troops for Multiplayer – Compete in “Deathmatch” or “Collect the Flag” modes for two-to-eight players, all with distinct victory conditions.
For further information on what to expect, visit the Commandos 3 HD Remaster FAQ.
Watch a set of trailers below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.