Blossom Tales II: The Minotaur Prince will launch for Switch and PC via Steam on August 16, publisher Playtonic Friends and developer Castle Pixel. Limited Run Games will also distribute a physical edition.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Grandpa’s latest tale takes you on a journey through haunted forests, pirate shores, and other mysterious lands across a vast open-world! Charming towns, terrible enemies, tricky puzzles, and powerful weapons await you.
Enjoy a “story within a story” as Grandpa narrates exciting moments throughout Lily’s incredible adventure.
Will you help Lily defeat the Minotaur King and save her brother?
- Compelling main story plus engaging side-quests.
- Classic top-down action-adventure in a retro 2D environment.
- Dozens of mini-dungeons, caves, and locations to discover.
- Choices that influence story and events.
- A wide array of weapons and abilities.
- Over 15 hours of gameplay.
Watch a new trailer below.