Publisher Interplay and developer Black Isle Studios will release Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG) this summer, the companies announced. It features enhanced graphics and up to 4K resolution on supported platforms, as well as local cooperative play.
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II first launched for PlayStation 2 and Xbox on January 20, 2004.
Here is an overview of the game, via Interplay:
Based in and around the city of Baldur’s Gate itself, the game features five playable characters and classes and spans dozens of locations. Featuring the ability to create custom weapons and armor, players can improve items by using runestones and gems while playing through the game’s four difficulty levels; “Easy,” “Normal,” “Hard,” and “Extreme.”
Whether choosing the barbarian, monk, necromancer, rogue, or cleric, players will have to actively fight through hordes of monsters ranging from Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems, and dreaded Dragons while dodging attacks and evading deadly traps.
All versions of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II support local cooperative play, while the Steam version will support Remote Play for a long-distance cooperative experience. Fully verified on Steam Deck, now’s the perfect time to grab an ally or brave Baldur’s Gate on the move and play the sequel that defined a generation.
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use.
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle.
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems, and dreaded Dragons.
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play.
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; “Easy,” “Normal,” “Hard,” and “Extreme.”
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast and two secret characters; Drizzt Do’Urden and Artemis Entreri.
- Verified Steam Deck certification.
- Local cooperative support!
Watch a trailer below.