Valkyrie of Phantasm Prelude will be sold in the form of a download card at the event, with a digital release planned for a later date.
The Touhou Project-based “ultra high-speed shooting battle action” game will run on Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11 devices. It will support one player offline, and two players in online battles.
Here is an overview of the Prelude, via its official website:
Freely fly through the sky, dodge the bullet barrages coming your way, and shoot spells…
From Touhou Sky Arena developer Areazero comes a new aerial battle action game project featuring Touhou Project characters, which is fully underway toward its prologue version release.
Faster, more intense, and with crazier barrages of bullets—please look forward to the girls’ aerial combat action.
The Girls’ New Wings: Valkyrie Arms
It is said that the “Valkyrie Arms,” brought to Gensokyo by someone from the outside, possess the power to multiply the wearer’s aerial prowess, and the deeper its bonds as a partner, the faster and stronger the wearer will become.
Girls wearing units called “Valkyrie Arms” that enable them to participate in ultra high-speed battles. The combination of Touhou Project characters and mechanical units produces the game’s visual concept.
- Reimu Hakurei
- Marisa Kirisame
- Youmu Konpaku
- Patchouli Knowledge
Evolving Game System
Following the release of Valkyrie of Phantasm for PC at The 19th Annual Hakurei Shrine Grand Festival, the following new elements will be implemented via post-launch updates.
- Additional Spells – Additional Special Spells, Accel Drive Spells, Ultimate Spells, and more.
- Additional Abilities – Additional abilities to power up your characters.
- Additional Battle Stages – Additional stages corresponding to each character.
- Additional Game Mode (Story) – A battle mode with a storyline.
- Game System and Graphical Enhancements – Additional elements not yet implemented, such as a two-versus-two mode.
Watch a new trailer below.