The PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 versions of Unpacking, a game about taking someone’s items out of boxes and learning about that person’s life in the process, will launch on May 10, publisher Humble Games and developer Witch Beam announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via Humble Games:
Unpacking is a zen game about the familiar experience of pulling possessions out of boxes and fitting them into a new home. Part block-fitting puzzle, part home decoration, you are invited to create a satisfying living space while learning clues about the life you’re unpacking. Over the course of eight house moves, you are given a chance to experience a sense of intimacy with a character you never see and a story you’re never told.
- Unpack a home—from a single bedroom to an entire house.
- Meditative gameplay with no timers, meters or scores.
- Explore domestic environments with all their nooks and crannies while you stack plates, hang towels, and arrange bookshelves.
- Discover a character’s story through the items that come with her to each new home (and the items that get left behind).
- Soundtrack by BAFTA award-winning composer and audio director Jeff van Dyck.