Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Relive the award-winning classic that redefined a genre.
Shatter returns in stunning 4K resolution running at 120 frames per second, with a modernized user interface, and multiple visual improvements. Re-experience the highly acclaimed original soundtrack, remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound.
Shatter Remastered Deluxe brings back the brick-breaking action.
Travel through 10 distinct worlds and battle nine unique bosses; packed with amazing physics effects, power-ups and special attacks. Take control of the playing field with the innovative “Suck and Blow” mechanic, altering the game to your benefit and charging up ultimate ability SHARDSTORM.
- Vibrant 3D style presented across 10 distinct worlds.
- A unique “Suck and Blow” mechanic that gives you more control when targeting attacks.
- 71 levels of intense action that present new challenges as you progress.
- Nine incredible Boss battles that will push your brick-breaking skills to the limit.
- Includes five game modes:
- Story – Explore the full Shatter Remastered Deluxe experience across 71 exciting levels.
- Endless – Stay alive as long as possible to chase your highest score.
- Boss Rush – Take on all nine bosses back to back in the ultimate challenge.
- Time Attack – Get the highest score you can in a limited time.
- Couch Co-Op – Team up with a friend and compete for the best score.
- Global leaderboards so you can track your high scores against the best brick-breakers in the world.
- Highly acclaimed original synthwave soundtrack, remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound.
“When we launched the original Shatter in 2009, we were blown away by the critical acclaim and success, and the industry recognition and awards were confirmation we had succeeded in our goal of reinventing the brick-breaking genre,” said PikPok CEO Mario Wynands in a press release. “As a recognized ‘modern retro’ classic, we are excited to now bring Shatter Remastered Deluxe to a contemporary audience taking advantage of all the capabilities of the consoles of today, including stunning 4K resolution, enhanced FX, and a 5.1 surround sound remastered soundtrack.”
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.