Get the patch notes below.
New Modes Added
Three different boss rush modes have been added to the game. Press the R Button on the “Samus Files” screen to move to the Boss Rush selection screen.
- Boss Rush
- A mode where players fight 12 continuous boss battles, and aim for the best time.
- Any damage received is carried-over into the next fight. Weapons are fully-restored between battles.
- If Samus is defeated, players may select “Retry” to continue playing from the start of the battle they lost. There is, however, a time penalty for being defeated.
- Bosses fought in Boss Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
- *Unlocked by clearing the main game a single time. (In the event that a player has completed the game before the update was released, they will be able to play Boss Rush immediately after updating).
- Survival Rush
- A mode where players see how many bosses they can defeat inside of the 5 minute time limit.
- Any damage received, or weapons spent are carried-over into the next battle. Even if time remains on the clock, Samus being defeated will result in a game over.
- Defeating a boss will add a fixed amount of time to the countdown clock. Defeat a boss without receiving any damage to receive an even bigger time bonus.
- *Survival Rush is unlocked by completing either Boss Rush or Dread Rush.
- Dread Rush
- The basic rules are the same as in Boss Rush, but if Samus is hit by a boss, her energy drops to zero and she is defeated.
- Bosses fought in Dread Rush can be fought one-on-one at any time by selecting “Practice”.
- *Unlocked by clearing the main game using Dread Mode. (In the event that a player has completed Dread Mode before the update was released, they will be able to play Dread Rush immediately after updating).
- Fixed an error where the Game Over screen would not display properly when Samus takes damage and is defeated immediately after destroying a central unit.
Metroid Dread is available now for Switch.