Metal Max Xeno: Reborn first launched for PlayStation 4 and Switch on September 10, 2020 in Japan.
Here is an overview of the game, via PQube:
Humanity is on the brink of extinction and the last remaining survivors look to push back against the machines.
Half a century ago of war against the mother computer NOA has reduced even Asia’s largest metropolis to rubble.
Explore this desolate wasteland and battle your way through onslaughts of enemies. Salvage, modify and hit back using tanks, weaponry and faithful battle dog, Pochi, to reclaim a future for the human race!
- Post-apocalyptic world where humans are endangered, and machines roam the wasteland.
- JRPG with a blend of turn-based and real-time combat, with an emphasis on tanks and armored vehicles.
- Explore the expansive wastes of Tokyo Bay – Freely explore a vast world on foot or mounted in your combat vehicle.
- Team up with two new characters – beloved battle dog, Pochi, and artificial-human navigator Po-M as you venture out to unite the remaining survivors.
- Hunt down high value targets with over 30 boss fights to claim valuable rewards.
- A reimagining of Metal Max Xeno (2018), the latest game in the classic Japanese series, Metal Max.
- Fully redeveloped with a brand new game engine and a complete graphical overhaul, with redesigned characters, enemies and environments.
Explore An Expansive Wasteland
Set in a devastated world called Dystokio, Metal Max Xeno: Reborn is a nonlinear JRPG with real-time battle and vehicle combat elements.
Take control of Talis and search for other survivors who wish to fight back against the machines. There are no limits to where you can go, no matter your progression in the game.
Build An Unstoppable Party
The fate of the universe is in your hands! Unite the remaining survivors across the land, recruiting new members to your party and bringing different skills to the fight!
Hunt down your enemies with the help of up to 3 teammates, plus your beloved battle dog, Pochi, who acts as a special fourth member of the team!
Pochi can also level up, learn new skills and joins the firefight as your fourth party member. Help him earn skill points by feeding him at the base.
And yes, you can also pet him.
Gear Up For Victory
Upgrade your skill-tree and develop abilities of your choice from five categories: Drive, Repair, Medical, Militia, Survive.
Target your enemies using your tanks and weapons to unleash your powers to inflict massive damage. With a full party, combine your skills to balance your strengths and weaknesses and ambush the monster machines from all sides.
Salvage And Build Your Weapons
Scavenge tanks and parts from across the wasteland. Customize with fresh paint and the strongest firepower you can find with the brand new vehicle modification system.
Tanks can range in design and scope. Freely customize your tanks, swap out engines, upgrade the weaponry and bump them with special equipment. Enjoy endless possibilities with combinations.
Strike your enemies from inside your tank, or disembark and explore dangerous dungeons on foot with your allies.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.