Publisher Whitethorn Games and developer Gamious will release slice-of-life interactive story game Lake for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on April 8, the companies announced. Perp Games will also release a physical edition at retailers worldwide.
Lake first launched for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on September 1, 2021.
Here is an overview of the game, via Whitethorn Games:
Set in Providence Oaks, Oregon in 1986, Lake is an incredibly pretty, laid back, open-world game, consisting of a free-roaming driving sim and a story driven point-and-click adventure.
You take on the role of Meredith Weiss, who’s taking a break from her high-flying career in the city, visiting her childhood lakeside town for two weeks, to stand in for her dad as the mail carrier
During her stay, she runs into a few familiar faces as well as plenty of new folk as she drivers the mail truck through the scenic forests of Oregon, stopping off at beautifully detailed locations to deliver letters and packages, and get to know the town’s quirky locals.
By the end of the two weeks, she’ll have to decide whether to head back to her life in the city or to stay in Providence Oaks.
- Escape to a beautiful, rustic environment without cellphones and the Internet.
- Get to know a range of engaging characters, each with their own personalities and quirks as you experience the 1980’s all over again.
- Choose after-work activities: hang out with your friends, help out your neighbors or stay home and read a book.
- Experience two weeks of branching story that doesn’t shy away from slice-of-life themes.
- Determine your own story: there are no ‘right’ or wrong answers or endings. Simply what you want to happen.
- Optimized for PlayStation 5.