3D roguelite top-down shooter Serious Sam: Tormental now available for PCOut of Early Access after three years.
3D roguelite top-down shooter Serious Sam: Tormental has exited Early Access and is now available for PC via Steam at a 25 percent-off launch discount price of $8.99, publisher Devolver Digital and developers Gungrounds and Croteam announced.
Serious Sam: Tormental first launched in Early Access on April 2, 2019. The full release introduces a new area called “The Fortress,” which features new enemies and Elite variants and Torments— special runs with preset starting weapons, powers and conditions, with leaderboards for each. It also includes dozens of new weapons, perks, powers, quests, and music, as well as new character Ugh Zan Jr.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Deep into an abandoned temple of Egypt lies a cursed artifact, an ancient device capable of the unthinkable; Could this be the key to entering the mind of the god of destruction: Mental?
This may be your only chance to delve deep into the twisted world of its mind, where [Sam]’s quest will lead him against reckless hordes of monsters product of Mental’s wicked imagination. Blast your way through the most hideous corners of its mind, and prepare for a brain-melting showdown!
- Fight against the wicked imaginations inside the mind of Mental, destructive god and Serious Sam’s arch-enemy, in an attempt to stop him once and for all.
- Rich with Content and Replayability – procedurally generated dungeons, characters with unique abilities, randomized pools of powerful upgrades, tons of fun Serious Weapons.
- The Vault – The final area contains many secrets and links to Mental’s identity, giving you more goals than just “defeat the final boss”. You will need to beat many challenges in order to stop Mental once and for all.
- Mindmap – Discover hidden ideas inside of Mental’s mind—what enemies, weapons, and items is he imagining to use in the real world? Acquire those ideas, and use them by yourself. Can you discover all of them?
- Every run, gather and combine random gun parts to construct unique powerful weapons.
- Quests – beat various challenges to unlock new worlds, characters, Serious Weapons ™ and upgrades. Over time, you will discover new places hidden inside of Mental’s mind.
- Play Together in Local Co-Op Mode – Face stronger bosses, compete for (or share!) XP and revive each other with ankh pickups!
- Tight Mechanics and Controls – Gamepad friendly. Precise visual collision similar to 2D games.
- Created by fans of Geometry Wars, Nuclear Throne, The Binding of Isaac, Serious Sam, and Enter the Gungeon.
Watch the launch trailer below.